Monday, 17 September 2012

THE COLLAR NECKLACE

Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you how to incorporate a collar necklace into your daily looks. A collar necklace is often worn as a statement piece however I love to style mine with patterns and bold colours, almost camouflaging the necklace with the print of the outfit. I feel this helps create rich texture and a touch of mystery to an outfit. When styling my looks I hope to bring intrigue and surprise in people I engage with, expecting they find something new after every view. Collar necklaces can help create this effect. 

I have styled several looks for you to reference below, inspired behind a collar necklace. You will see how I have chosen similar geometric shapes to the print of the garments and the necklace itself. All five necklaces I have referenced are from an amazing online site called Boticca.com. I spend hours exploring the variety of artistic and unique jewellery, handbags and ladies accessories available from Boticca. They are true works of art. I encourage you to check it out. 

 













Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Woooow, this outfit is brilliant. I love those colours and mix of patterns. That necklace made me speechless. Too bad that I can't afford it. I can't wait for the days when I'll be able to get a job and splurge money.

    - http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfit :) I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! would you like to follow each other in gfc? let me know! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. followed you back in both :) http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such amazing style! Love this dress!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love your style!<3
    I'm yours the newest follower:)
    Keep posting!

    Kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your style, you look wonderful & I like your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look dear!!
    love the prints
    thanks for your lovely comment
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox