Saturday 13 April 2013

Layering With Prints

As Melburnians, we have had to develop the art of layering. Having not yet felt the consistent flow of Autumns cooler weather I am finding it difficult to plan my daily outfits. It seems the only way to avoid hot flushes or goosebumps is by layering. 
I wanted to share with you today some ideas on how to layer with different prints. I particularly love layering high collared shirts under either printed sweaters or short sleeve printed tops. It just adds a new dimension and unique touch to your look. When teaming prints together I often consider the most subtle colour in that print and highlight that through adding another printed/solid item or accessory in that same colour.
In my look below I was drawn to the very subtle oxblood flower print on my skirt and tied it in through my shoes and bag as well as my printed shirt layered underneath.
It's fun to clash prints and colours in winter. It creates depth and excitement to your look as well as becoming  a way for you to add your unique sense of style.
My look collages below include items from local retail brands for those of you who are tired of online shopping or who would prefer to do some good old fashioned shopping. 
 
 







TOMMY TON shoots off-catwalk scene Style.com

4 comments:

  1. Sweetheart you look gorgeous and the beautiful way you have combined print with colour and texture is and looks amazing! Wonderful outfit and great post :)

    Take care and hope you have had a lovely weekend,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog its great!I love it!!
    http://latentaciondeangela.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stunning, dear!

    Check out my blog, I included your outfit to my post with Blogger´s Treasures! ;)

    Una chica fashiontastica


    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit,i love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox