Wednesday 8 January 2014

Embellishment

Happy New Year lovely people!!!! I hope you all managed to have a lot of fun as well as some good old R&R during the festive season. I want to thank you for all of your support during 2013. I look forward to sharing my outfits with you in 2014 as well as continue to style suggested looks based around current trends or anything else that inspires me in fashion. 
 I'd like to share with you my love for embellished pieces. Designers have presented intricate, bold, spectacular, unconventional and luxurious embellished artwork down the runway including 3D lace, pearls, beading and floral appliques. I am inspired not only by the design but also the construction of these embellished pieces. It feels like you are wearing a piece of art.
The best way to introduce this trend into your style is to create a balance. I suggest starting with one embellished piece of clothing with another accessory. For example a heavily beaded jacket and a jewelled clutch could be a start. However, if you are a bit daring you can go all out and combine different forms of embellishment throughout your entire look and of course accessorise with confidence. Embellishment doesn't necessarily have to be extreme there are some subtle statement pieces which can be just as effective. 
With some inspirational pictures below, I have styled some options on how to dress with embellished pieces. I hope they inspire you a little.

I wish you all a healthy, happy and prosperous new year!

























Above images courtesy of Google Images

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you are well dear. What an inspiring post, I love embellishment and especially when it's styled for daywear, it always feels wonderfully unexpected that way! I love your look sweetie. :)

    Take care,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox