Saturday 17 November 2012

Getting Festive with Metallics

Hi everyone! As you know the festive season is near approaching, so I thought I'd share a trend which screams out celebration! This trend is 'Metallics.' Metallics can be so much fun to wear, however it is important to not go too crazy and combine too many shiny pieces in your ensemble at the same time. I like to put together pieces that have a contrasting matte finish to the metallic. I think accessories are the perfect way to  tie in this glitzy trend into your look.
I've styled in my look below a leather metallic blue skirt that I bought in Hong Kong over a Forever New dress. I am able to wear a dress under the skirt due to the fullness of the piece. I wore this look to a friends wedding recently and people assumed it was a dress; the print seemed to blend in perfectly with the blue skirt.  I finished the look with a blue suede pair of heels from Nine West. 
I have styled some looks below to give you some ideas on how to style a metallic skirt. Why not celebrate Christmas with a splash of metallic!













Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. As always you are amazing, i love your look dear
    lots of kisses and have a good sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sweetie you look amazing! Love that metallic skirt and it works so so well with the printed dress underneath, like the two pieces were made for each other! Your shoes and accessories compliment perfectly! And as always I love the looks you have created, especially looks 2 and 5 :)

    Take care and hope you have had a great weekend,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanks for your sweet comment! I love your look with this metallic skirt, it looks very chic! And I really think it's very helpful that you included more options how to style a metallic skirt below, that makes it possible to imagine more combinations with things that already are in my closet.

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow!Lovely matalilic skirt!
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you look beautiful!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING the metallic skirt. Not only is it a fabulous piece by itself,
    but you paired it flawlessly :) I also love that you provided more looks for the metallic trend.
    Because it is definitely something that I want to try! You and your blog are both stunning.
    Thanks for all of the gorgeous inspiration.

    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW!!FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS!SPECTACULAR!lOVE THE SHOES AND THE TOP AND THE COLLAGES ARE AMAZING!!!!!;))
    XX




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pics! Love the outfit:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these metallic skirts are so fun! Now I need one..
    xo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you look amazing my dear!!!!And I agree on metallic finish being perfect for creating a party-mood.great selection.I like your posts,always very rich of content and beautiful images.love love Coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are stunning. I love everything: the color and the outfit itself.

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox