Tuesday 10 April 2012

Cooking in style...

For some reason I woke up yesterday morning yearning to be creative in the kitchen. This is a rare feeling for me as cooking isn't my favourite pastime. I did a Google search and came across the most basic recipe with such an adorable and delicious result... Tea Cup Biscuits.  You could be 4 years old to follow this recipe, so it was very well suited to me and my cooking skills. These delicious Tea Cups  can be served at any afternoon tea gathering or with coffee/tea after a dinner. Also a great idea for kids birthday parties or events.
I have prepared step by step instructions for you below. I have also sourced some adorable cooking accessories to help you cook in style at the bottom of this post. 

Prepare all of your ingredients:

STEP 1:
Cut each Life Savers piece in half.


 STEP 2:
Boil water to mix with a small amount of icing until a thick  paste like consistency is made.



 STEP 3:
Use a knife to spread icing on the base of the marshmallow.
 STEP 4:
Gently place the marshmallow in the centre of the Tic Toc biscuit and press down.
STEP 5:
Use a knife to spread icing on each end of the halved Life Savers.

STEP 6:
Place the halved Life Savers on the side of the marshmallow to resemble the handle of a cup. Be sure to apply pressure for a few seconds to ensure it sticks.

 STEP 7:
Spread icing onto the flat side of the Freckle.
STEP 8:
Place the Freckle on top of the marshmallow.
You're all done! 


See how easy it is? 
They look amazing displayed in a group.
Happy Cooking!



Carolyn's Kitchen
Below I have selected my favourite aprons from Carolyn's Kitchen. 
Carolyn's Kitchen is an online store providing vintage inspired aprons, dish gloves amongst other feminine and unique accessories. You almost feel like a pin-up girl when wearing her incredibly chic and sexy aprons. 
Carolyn draws inspiration from 1940's patterns and reinvents them with her own modern interpretation. Carolyn says of her collection "I wanted to bring back the glamour, sexiness, and cuteness of a bygone innocent era. The gloves and fabrics are new and nicer - it's a new and improved version of the '40's."
 I've ordered from her before and the quality and craftsmanship is exceptional. 
I encourage you all to visit her online shop! 



Below I have sourced some fun and quirky cooking utensils to help make cooking an enjoyable and creative experience.

Happy cooking! 
xox

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear,
    I just wanted to tell you that you guys are one of the bloggers that chose to be awarded with liebster award. To know more about this, you can click this link
    http://marylovesthat.blogspot.com/
    best
    brooklyN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox