Tuesday 24 September 2013

Under the Tuscan Sun

Hi everyone! I have arrived in Italy after a fun but hectic week covering London Fashion Week. I have to admit the minute we arrived at Rome (my first time in Italy) I started to tear up. I felt this rush of emotions and connection with my heritage. My mother and father were both born in Italy and having grown up with Italian speaking grandparents and the traditional values and cultures instilled in me, it was a really special moment.

After 5 days sightseeing in Rome we moved on to Tuscany. Dusty found this incredible Tuscan Villa which was first built in 1100AD. It has been owned by only 6 families within that time. It is like living in a different era. You enter via a 40 metre entrance foyer with hand painted walls dating back to the 18th Century. There are historical family photos spread amongst the different rooms including a library and music room. And to top it off you can sit on the grande balcony that overlooks the garden which is filled with fruit trees; their frangrance makes you salivate. It's just magical.

I was waiting to post my look below in the perfect setting and Tuscany was just it. Unfortunately it was too cold to style during LFW. I love this look from Alannah Hill and accessories from Olga Berg and Jo Mercer. I think it would make a perfect Spring Racing Carnival Look too. 

I've included details on my look as well as images showcasing this gorgeous historical villa below. 

















Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Superbly elegant! I have a big problem with yellow, but on you it is perfection!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in this yellow dress and these photos are so pretty and kinda romantic in a sense! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there :)

    Take care,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox