Monday 21 January 2013

Nerd


Gone are the days of pretending to leave your glasses at home to avoid being labeled 'Four eyes' at school; thick, dark frames are the hottest new accessory. The trend originated back in the 50's and has made a comeback. Celebrities such as Justin Timberlake, Anne Hathaway and many more have taken on this 'nerdy' statement not only in their day-to-day looks but even styling them on the red carpet.

It is no wonder that in this modern world filled with technology and social media nerd pride is here to stay.  To refer positively to the phrase ‘Revenge of The Nerd' is no longer a faux pas as social norms redirect to accommodate our changing cultural stereotypes.

 Fashion has celebrated the 'Nerd' image through statement caps and sweaters all branded with the word 'Nerd' allowing people to own this title. I love dressing nerdy whilst combining some tom boy elements and street style edge. 

I have styled some 'Nerdy' themed looks for you below. They are a little quirky and a lot of fun. So make a brainy statement and share your nerdy style. Try not to go too Steve Urkel though...haha!

Below I am wearing a Top Shop 'Nerd Tee, vintage jacket I converted into a bomber jacket, New York Yankees cap, Harajuku Lovers bag, Nine West Shoes and a Forever New lace skirt.




 







Thanks for reading!
Images courtesy of Google Images

6 comments:

  1. I loveee your nerd tee sweetie and I love this look! The way you've clashed looks amazing and I especially love the shape of your skirt, so beautiful. And as always you've done a wonderful job with the outfits you've put together, I think look 3 is my favourite :)

    Take care and have a lovely week,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow!I love your look!
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! Very nice bag!

    Best wishes,

    vgolove.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect look dear :))

    http://ivanafashiongirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome outfit, really love it. You look gorgeous!

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love geek glasses so much. I wear glasses and am due for a new pair, so going to get some thicker rimmed ones as love how they look. Love your outfit in the top pictures, especially the tshirt and your necklace is beautiful!
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox