Friday 4 January 2013

Tropical Heat Wave

Happy New Year!!! I wanted to thank you all so much for supporting and following Dusty Petals during 2012. I look forward to sharing so much more fashion with you in this year.
Melbourne has been hit with a heat wave this week. It is actually so hot that it is difficult to decide on what to wear without turning into a sweaty mess. I thought the best way to celebrate this heat wave would be to fashion some tropical prints. It wont be hard to find apparel with a tropical feel, as its a strong trend amongst prints this season.
Wearing tropical print screams out 'I'm on holidays' and what better feeling is there than that? 
Below I'm wearing a Forever New playsuit with Nine West heels. I bought the bag in Hong Kong which is made out of neoprene, just like a wetsuit. I can chuck it in the wash whenever it gets dirty. My sunglasses are from Gidget and I found the cute floral headband in a costume shop.
I have styled some tropical inspired looks for you below. 
Happy shopping!














Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I found the most beautiful Nunui tropical print but I can't find it in the right size. You've given me some good alternatives!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got some new ideas on how to dress tropical! Thanks for the lovely comment! xox

      Delete
  2. Wow! Lovely pics. Your outfit is perfect. I love that playsuit and those colours match perfectly together with your accessories.

    - http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! It made my day. xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. A happy new year to you my dear! I have enjoyed every post of yours in 2012 and look forward to following your blog through 2013 :)

    I love this tropical look of yours, the printed playsuit is so pretty and that green bag is amazing, in love with it! I also adore your sunglasses they are a great touch and a slight retro-chic feel to the outfit. I wanna wear tropical outfit 4, it's perfection! :)

    Take care honey,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year gorgeous Daniella!! Thanks so much for all of your support and following. It means the world to me. I love your blog so much and can't wait to share it with you in the new year. xoxoxo By the way, I can just imagine you wearing tropical outfit 4!

      Delete
  4. In love with those shoes! What a summery outfit - perfection! Xxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing LOOK dear
    so fresh
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! Great use of colors :)

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing look hun! Now I want summer!!!

    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this dress!

    Http://Fashioneiric.Blogspot.Com

    Coline !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox