Sunday 17 April 2011

Competition Winner Announced plus Old Sample Out Of The Closet

Well... today is the day I announce the winner of the "Wrap Me Up" Dress competition. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting me by following my blog and entering this competition. Please don't forget to keep viewing 'Dusty Petals' as I will be sharing many more of my designs combined with my continuing purchases and vintage finds along the way. If you missed out on this competition never fear as I will be holding many more in the near future. I will also be previewing my first samples for my next collection in the coming weeks. So be sure to keep following and please feel free to introduce your friends and family who share a love for fashion.  To view the winner of the competition scroll down to the bottom of this post.

I thought I'd post along with the announcement of the winner one of my first samples made.  I recently found a box filled with my first designs and thought I'd share some of them with you. The dress I'm photographed in below was designed in a time where I was obsessed with fine details, especially frills. I never included this in any of my collections but am considering reviving it soon. Let me know what you think, I'd love to have your feedback. 

I'm wearing with my own designed dress a vintage necklace, Tony Bianco shoes, ring from a market stand on Broadway in NYC, leather cropped jacket from 'White Suede.' Enjoy!










Finally, the winner of the competition is.........



Congratulations Rebecca Anderson! You will receive an email shortly.

4 comments:

  1. Love this outfit Giv!! Gorgeous!! I would buy it for sure! Mel Bell x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this whole outfit is gorgeous xo

    http://www.anticsofthemoon-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Giv,
    Frills are back in, big time. Love to see more! Got anything for short busty girls, frills are a bit hard to wear for us!
    CHARMER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'му never seen your first designs! This dress is amazing, I absolutely adore the bust line - it's so elegant and luxury.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox