Wednesday 6 April 2011

Retro Floral Shirt

One thing I love to do is combine vintage pieces with my own designs. I picked up this floral vintage shirt in a vintage store in New York City. I love the contrast of the warm colours combined with the black base colour. The shirt reminds me of Autumn and what better day to shoot it than on a beautiful surprisingly sunny Autumn day. I can tell that this shirt was previously loved as it has been stitched up under the sleeves in order to keep it alive. I know I would do the same. 
Here I have combined the vintage floral shirt  with my 'Sail Me Away' jacket and skirt. This suit was part of my 2008 Giovanna Scarfo sample collection. I find myself wearing the suit season after season.








Above you will see I'm wearing a gorgeous vintage necklace which is camouflaged amongst the floral shirt.  I wear this necklace to death so I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of it in future posts.



Vintage shirt, Giovanna Scarfo bubble skirt and Jacket, shoes from Nine West.



Below I have combined the same vintage floral shirt with two of my designs. The patch work sweater was made by my mother. We both love the idea of layering textiles to create a new texture. Mum made this for me about 5 years ago and I'm still wearing it. The skirt is one of my new samples. I had my manufacturer make these beautifully hand crafted roses. It's a lot of fun to wear. 








Giovanna Scarfo sweater and skirt, vintage floral shirt, vintage shoes. 


The lipstick I was wearing in this shoot was one of my mothers. I did what I often do and raided her drawers to find a rich colour to complement the clothes worn. I found a Christian Dior lipstick labelled 'Rouge Gypsy.'
 


It wouldn't be shoot without including my gorgeous dogs, Marlon and Brando. You will notice a new addition to the family; introducing to you my mum and dad's pug cross shitzu named Alfie. You might also notice his very rotund body shape. Poor Alfie has been told by his vet to go on a  very strict diet. Poor boy!


Alfie

                                                                              Marlon
Brando


Thanks for sharing. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hello, you win 50 euros to spend at H & M? Come into my blog and take part in the competition (completely free and easy). A kiss

    http://vale-zagu.blogspot.com/2011/04/contest-on-avenue-gift-50-by-h.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good Floral Shirts really wearable and summer perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox